Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Short stories you can peek on on your way to somewhere

The Coffee Shop Book Club

Thanks Rebecca for buying this book from my online book store.



This is one anthology right? In simpler term, a book of short stories contributed by various writers. Real short the stories, great as a traveling partner I suppose. If you see this red cover on the shelf of the airport bookstore, dont feel guilty to grab the book prior to your checking in. I bet you, the book will be read, hmmmm at least one story from the book will be read during your get away or short stint away from home. Surely you'll be tempted to read the short stories from names such as Jojo Moyes and Jill Mansell.

Right, my review below. Well not a real review though, more like a very brief thoughts sharing after most of the stories. I mafe a point to write on my note pad after completing eavh story. If I don't do that, this makcik will forget huhu

●●●●●●●●●

- From Christmas Getaway: snow, blankness, all flights cancelled & back to love in earnest.

- As the time draws near: snow, air planes stalled in take-off, death too soon. Piper's dad knows he's gonna die one day, he doesn't want to die meekly. The way Piper imagin his dad's dark determination not to steer away from the black bear is dead spot on. I think this is the story I truly can appreciate, reminding me of my own dad who also left us too soon.

- Internet dating: I like this story too, it's fun sort. Ned the bald monkey with expiring time share apartment in Portugal, gosh there must be plenty of Neds out there. Kerry & Sam sound so much like a match made in heaven, and they didn't even work on it.

- The scrapbook: online dating profile, two long lost ex-couple reminiscing the last two decades they missed dearlly and the scrapbook... but OMG, what the heck Amanda???

- The scent of night: was it the ghost of Marthe Lincel who whooshed Sassy out from Penny's little haven with her lavender laced strong perfume?

- Let's be honest: quite a suspense being built up around James, especially the few minutes prior to Mel's big time confession.

- The spirit of summer: Marie Fournes, one of the 20 poor souls murdered along the Canal du Misi, beneath the bridge on the Quai Riquet.... brought smiles back to soothe Naomi's Mom.

- Last year's coat: gosh I dont get it. Did Evie get the coat she's been wanting in the end or not?

- The invitation: Not sure if Helen is attractive but I like Ben already.

- Fruitbat: I don't understand how this one could be the winner of Woman & Home Short Story Competition. It's a story about someone's wife playing hookie with someone's husband.

I have actually not written anything on the first 2 or 3 and the last 2 stories. Read them but I thought nothing much to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranjau rasa keliru Yazlina Saduri Mengenai Buku Budiman tulisan Regina Ibrahim

Ranjau rasa keliru Yazlina Saduri Mengenai Buku Budiman tulisan Regina Ibrahim Semalam saya baru selesai membaca buku Kitab Riwayat - Men...